jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Shaun Barriball" <sbarr...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Achieving "jcr:lastModified" on non-nt:resource structured node types
Date Mon, 07 May 2007 13:59:43 GMT
Hi all,
We have a number of structured node types that require a "acme:lastModified"
audit property which records the last time the node was saved. This is one
example of typical audit properties you might want like
"acme:lastModifiedBy" with the user name etc. This property is used, in
particular, by a number of scheduled processes which must periodically batch
process certain changes.

Can anyone recommend a suitable best practice or JCR pattern to solve the

It's obviously easy to add acme:lastModified to the specific node types but
the difficult question is how to consistently set this property to ensure
that the value is accurate.

 - we could use an observation listener for any property changes, or

 - we have a delegate pattern that would permit overriding node.save() but
this is not always called where operation bypass the session.

Any suggestions?

View raw message