jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Tobias Bocanegra" <tobias.bocane...@day.com>
Subject Re: understanding jackrabbit datastorage
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2007 20:08:40 GMT
hi,
please note, that the exact way how the different persistence managers
translate the item states into data on the backend (db, fs, etc.) can
vary from pm to pm and should not be of concern of the user.

if you are interested anyway, you can always look at the code and see
how they do it.

regards, toby

On 4/26/07, Stefan Kurla <stefan.kurla@gmail.com> wrote:
> I realize that these are beginner level questions.
>
> How is the data actually stored in jackrabbit say using mysql for
> example and we are just using the default workspace.
>
> Say the structure is
> /
> --folderA:nt:folder (propertyX:references fileB)
> ----fileA:nt:file
> --fileB:nt:file
>
> There is the default_binval which has binval_id and binval_data.
> ### Is this table used to store binary data, where binval_id is the
> uuid of the jcr:content that this is referring to and binval_data is
> the actual bytestream blob data
>
> There is default_node which has node_id and node_data.
> ###How is this used?
>
> default_prop with prop_id and prop_data
> ###How is this used?
>
> default_refs with node_id and refs_data
> ###How is this used?
>
> My question then is how would the database store the uuids or nodes of
> the structure that is defined above. Very simple structure but to
> understand how this structure is actually translated to be stored in
> the database would be helpful.
>
> Thanks.

T +41 61 226 98 98, F +41 61 226 98 97