jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Christoph Kiehl <christ...@sulu3000.de>
Subject Re: How to find similar nodes(somewhat like google similar pages)?
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2007 06:34:46 GMT
alartin wrote:
> Hi all,
> Given a node with a text content, I want to find nodes that have similar
> text contents. It somewhat is like finding similar pages using google(just
> think page is a kind of node, its content is a node property). I think
> lucene support this by term vector and wonder whether jackrabbit query can
> do it or not. Many thanks.

Right now Jackrabbit doesn't support this, probably mainly because the JCR spec
doesn't define such a thing.
I think Marcel recently added search term highlighting which isn't definded by
the JCR spec as well. May be one could add a custom xpath function? But I'm not
quite sure if this is a funtionality a content repository should be responsible for.

Cheers,
Chris