jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "David Nuescheler" <david.nuesche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can we have a 1TB jackrabbit repository?
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2007 07:02:11 GMT
hi stefan,

we found in our tests that the overall size of the workspace does
not really have to much of an impact but rather the number of nodes
in the workspace.
we ran tests up to 120m nodes (60m files) without running into issues.
so i would argue that if your average node size is somewhere in 10k size
(or in our test: the average file size in the 20k) range you can easily
scale to 1tb per workspace.
i think it is important to choose the right persistence manager (a bundle
persistence manager, probably).
we ran our tests with a derby bundle persistsencemanager in its
default config with 128m heap size.

let me know if that answers your question.

regards,
david