jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "David Nuescheler" <david.nuesche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RMI connection
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2007 12:34:40 GMT
hi marcel,

not being an rmi expert at all, i would guess that there is
some incompatibility between what your rmi protocol that the
client expects (apparently jrmp) and what the process bound
to 1099 responds with.

i could envision that there is for example another process
bound to port 1099 already that is not even an rmi (jrmp) listener,
or that there maybe a disconnect between different jdk's that you
are using on the client vs. the server (ibm vs. sun).

these are all wild guesses but i think it is safe to say that
it is probably an issue with rmi and not with jackrabbit per se.

regards,
david