jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "David Nuescheler" <david.nuesche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Locking a node does not prevent it from being deleted or moved?
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2007 16:09:49 GMT
Hi Shaun,

I agree that the behavior is slightly surprising.

It is according to the specification though, see section
8.4.8 Effect of a Lock / page 281
---
"Removing a node is considered an alteration of its parent. This
means that a locked node may be removed by any user with
sufficient access permissions as long as its parent node is not
locked. "
---

I agree that this may be counter intuitive and I would recommend
that you file a comment in the upcoming Public Review of JSR-283
if you think that the Expert Group should revisit its earlier rationale.
( jsr-283-comments@jcp.org )

regards,
david