jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "David Nuescheler" <david.nuesche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JackRabbit Vs Alfresco
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2007 12:03:27 GMT
Since this is primarily a Jackrabbit list I think this is a tricky question to
answer, since there are very few people on this list that have in-depth
experience with other JCR compliant content repositories.

Regarding the "most scalable repository" statement that was quoted,
I think it is safe to say that one can reach very comparable numbers
with Jackrabbit.

Generally I think Jukka's statement ...
---
We consider Jackrabbit to be the most feature-rich and
standards-compliant open source JCR implementation. Jackrabbit
implements all the mandatory and optional features in JCR.
---
... can be considered very honest and free of "marketing" claims

I think this list can assure you of the presence of certain features in
Jackrabbit but it probably is not a very good forum to find out about
the absence of features in other JCR implementations.

So if you are looking for a particular feature set, please feel
free to describe your application a bit more in detail and I am
sure this list will function as a very good sounding board, whether
your application is well-suited for Jackrabbit.

regards,
david