jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From FolDeRol <folde...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: eXist
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2007 10:09:29 GMT

I used to work with eXist 2.5 years ago. JCR and XML:DB concepts are
actually have some common moments. The reason of eXist's performance is, as
far as I know, the fact that eXists keeps the whole database as in-memory
DOM model and, in addition uses advanced indexes like those that allow quick
processing of XPath expressions like "/x//y".