jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From FolDeRol <folde...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Scalability
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2007 08:59:41 GMT
David,

Sounds optimistic. Some follow-up questions...

What are BundlePersistenceManagers? I could not find ones in source code of
JR 1.2.3.

It seems to me that synchronizing repository changes using a network file
system is not reliable and fast enough. How do you think, could
this approach be extended so to reuse JBoss/JGroups features of cluster-wide
object replication, and how difficult this might be? We would probably
contribute to implement this feature in case it is feasible.

Another question is in which cases Jackrabbit decides the indices are
inconsistent and should be rebuilt from the persistance storage? I did not
noted that this operation is performed every time the server starts. Is this
operation performed on the whole bunch of data or it can cover a specified
set of items? Once, my database was purged but local indices remained
intact, and I always saw warning messages on the console that nodes with
particular ids were not found. These messages continued to appear even after
restart of the server unless I deleted the indices too.

Regards