jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From FolDeRol <folde...@gmail.com>
Subject Scalability
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2007 07:55:20 GMT
Dear team,

Could anybody clarify me the situation with Jackrabbit's scalability?

We are considering Jackrabbit as a back-end for a large application with
high level of data flow in a clustered environment. When I started the
evaluation of Jackrabbit having read that it could employ an RDBMS as a
persistance layer, I though that we could set up a number of cluster nodes
using Model 2 of deployment which would use the same logical instance
(probably clustered) of the database and thus be scalable. I could not find
any details on this, and decided to learn the database schema and trace JDBC
calls so to estimate the performance.

What was my wonder when I had known the truth. The data is stored in the
RDBMS as a serialized Java objects and query operations are not handled by
the RDBMS at all but rather directly by the Jackrabbit engine on indices
stored on the file system. Now, I'm seriously alarmed that Jackrabbit might
be inappropriate solution for our goal.

Please someone confirm or deny my assumptions.