jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From KÖLL Claus <C.KO...@TIROL.GV.AT>
Subject AW: AW: Strange behaviour between sql and xpath search
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2007 11:08:00 GMT
hi marcel,

the tool is great !
i think we should post it on the wiki site .. what do you think ..

thanks
claus

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Marcel Reutegger [mailto:marcel.reutegger@gmx.net]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 10. April 2007 12:19
An: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Betreff: Re: AW: Strange behaviour between sql and xpath search

KÖLL Claus wrote:
> found my own failure ;-)
> the scope in xpath must be "." not "*"
>
> //element(*, nt:base)[jcr:contains(., '*.txt')] works now

and here's the reason why: * matches all child nodes of the context node, while
. matches the context node itself.

there's a little tool online that maps SQL to XPath and vice versa. you can even
see the jackrabbit internal representation of the query:

http://people.apache.org/~mreutegg/jcr-query-translator/translator.html

regards
  marcel