jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Hatherly, Adam \(GE Money\)" <Adam.Hathe...@ge.com>
Subject Caching problem with shared deployment
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2007 10:18:22 GMT
Hi - I have a small problem you may be able to help me with.

I am using Jackrabbit to apply "branding" to a web page dynamically, and to that end I have
deployed two separate web apps to a server - one which is the actual web site, and a second
which is the "branding" editor that allows me to update image elements in the jackrabbit repository
to alter branding on the page.

My problem occurs if I delete an element and then recreate it using the same path. When I
do that, the change is reflected correctly within the "editor" web app, but when the normal
web app tries to retrieve the element I get this error:

/89/25/ebd281b64edfb93b597753c5e716/%7b%7ddata.0.bin: the specified resource does not exist:
/home/wasadmin/repository/workspaces/default/blobs/89/25/ebd281b64edfb93b597753c5e716/%7b%7ddata.0.bin
does not denote an existing file

I am retrieving the node from the repository using:

Node rootNode = session.getRootNode();
Node node = rootNode.getNode(key);

Where key is the path of the node I want.

I can only assume it is related to some in-memory indexing/caching within lucene, as a server
restart fixes the problem. Do you know of any way I can overcome the problem so I don't need
a restart every time I change or delete/recreate a node?

Thanks,
Adam.