jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Danner, Russ" <Dann...@csps.com>
Subject RE: Re: JackRabbit Vs Alfresco
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2007 23:40:30 GMT
Oh .. I wanted to mention that on the acegi issues you are correct
concerning the ThreadLocals. Executes in its own threads you aren't
gaurenteed to get the same thread on subsequent calls.  In reality that
doesn't matter because the Alfresc JCR implementation carries it's
security ticket and sets up the thread on each request.  However there
was a small bug in the code that was keeping this from happening.

-R

-----Original Message-----
From: Danner, Russ [mailto:DannerR@csps.com]
Sent: Monday, April 16, 2007 7:36 PM
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: RE: Re: JackRabbit Vs Alfresco

As you point out the security is a problem, the other issue is
transactions.  Alfresco's underlying API is service based and is coarse
grained compaired to the JCR API so there are some challenges in mapping
the two IMO.  The security issues can be fixed with a patch.  We're
still looking at transactions.

-Russ