jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Miro Walker" <miro.wal...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SimpleDBPersistenceManager file cache?
Date Sat, 21 Apr 2007 19:56:43 GMT
Phillip,

As far as I'm aware the configuration you're talking about is not
supported. You'll end up with exceptions as the search indexes and
shared item state cache on each jackrabbit instance will end up
inconsistent and you'll start getting exceptions. By way of analogy
think of setting up two databases to point at the same filesystem -
it's not going to work...

Miro

On 4/20/07, Phillip Rhodes <spamsucks@rhoderunner.com> wrote:
> Miro,
>
> I thought by storing my jackrabbit data inside the database would allow multiple jackrabbit
instances on different machines to access the same backing store (the db is the authoritative
source).

> I understand that write operations on one machine will not update the cache on the other
machines, but the write operations should update the blob in the db, so that other machines
can pick up the content from the db (once their cache's expire).

> Can you let me know if my beliefs above are wrong?  In the meantime, I will do some testing,
and investigate jcr-rmi, etc...