jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From James Hang <jh...@bea.com>
Subject Ordering child nodes across node types
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2007 17:43:35 GMT

I have the following mixin type "myMixin":

[myMixin] mixin orderable
+ mixA (someType)
+ mixB (someType)

I have the following node type "myType" which includes "mix":

[myType] > myMixin orderable
+ typeA
+ typeB

So I can create a new node A of type "myType" and add the following child
nodes:

A --> mixA, mixB, typeA, typeB

However, when I try to re-order "typeA" before "mixB", I get "child node
ordering not supported" error even though both "myType" and "myMixin" are
defined with the "orderable" keyword.  Is it because "typeA" and "mixB" are
in different types and so you can't order between them?  If so, is there a
way around this?