jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Bob Johnson <john...@bpinnovators.com>
Subject Re: Configure mixin type for nt:file at creation of repository
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2007 21:48:41 GMT

Tobias,

Clearly you are the expert here. However, the example given in section 7.4.4
of (jsr-170-1.0.pdf) seems to contradict your interpretation. If I
understand it correctly it, the example refers to convenience mechanism in a
fully complaint repository. Specifically, an nt:file node is not required to
implement mix:versionable by default:

----------------- Section 7.4.4. of jsr-170-1.0.pdf -----------
For example if, as a matter of configuration, all  nt:file
nodes in a repository are to be versionable, then the repository
may automatically assign the mixin type mix:versionable to each
such node as it is created.

I accept the fact that the functionality is not currently available. I am
hoping that a review of the motivation for excluding it may lead to an
implementation of this handy feature. Further, I would push for more
transparency of the JCR type configuration in general.

Regards,

Bob