jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: malformedpathexception
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2007 16:23:31 GMT
On 4/25/07, Torgeir Veimo <torgeir@pobox.com> wrote:
> Upgraded to jackrabbit 1.3, and I can no longer do
>
> Item item = session.getItem("/nen:content/pages/news/" );
>
> which results in
>
> org.apache.jackrabbit.name.MalformedPathException: Empty path
> element: /nen:content/pages/news/
>
> Is there a new limitation that a node path cannot end in / anymore?

afaik trailing slashes are illegal according to the spec (4.6 Path Syntax):

path ::= abspath | relpath
abspath ::= '/' relpath | '/'
relpath ::= pathelement | relpath '/' pathelement
pathelement ::= name | name '[' number ']' | '..' | '.'

so if you were able to pass something like "/foo/bar/" in a previous
release i'd argue that this was due to a bug in the path parser. however
i am not aware of recent changes in the Path implemention.

cheers
stefan