jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: importing jackrabbit into jackrabbit
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2007 13:45:12 GMT
hi stefan,

On 4/24/07, Stefan Kurla <stefan.kurla@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to import my jackrabbit svn directory into jackrabbit.
> This dir has a few extra files like the jackrabbit 1.0 release.
> Overall we are talking about 713MB on disk with 103K files and 48K
> folders.
>
> I use mysql for persistence and the only thing that gets saved in the
> filesystem are the indexes. I do a session.save() after importing each
> file and then I check it in.
>
> However when I import all these files into mysql 5.0 (default
> everything) , I get a failed to write node references: and
>
> com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlDataTruncation: Data truncation: Data too long for
> column 'REFS_DATA' at row 1
>         at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:2868)

you probably hit the size limit of the 'blob' data type. for more information
see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-760. please note that this
issue has been fixed in the latest 1.3 release. you can also make those
changes on an existing database using 'alter table' commands in the
mysql console.

however, the previous schema allowed for rouglhy 800-1000 references
(depending on the ref. property name size) on a given target node.

do you explicitly create references? can you share same code (fragements)?

cheers
stefan