jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: About the parameter config of Mysql autoReconnect
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2007 12:30:17 GMT
On 4/16/07, Alan R <arof+nabble@messagio.com> wrote:

> Stefan Guggisberg wrote:
> >
> > apart from the log messages, are there any other related issues?
> >>

> No issues I know of.  When using the SimpleDatabasePersistenceManager MySQL
> would freeze indefinitely not for Jackrabbit but for other connected apps
> when we got this issue.  Now with JNDIDatabasePersistenceManager it does not
> crash MySQL, but looking at the log, I see that each time it happened it
> occurred exactly 15 times in a period of less than 1 second.  I'm curious as
> to why that might be.  Does Jackrabbit try 15 times to reconnect and then
> give up?

strange. if the execution of a sql statement fails jackrabbit tries
one more time after
re-establishing. see
o.a.j.c.persistence.db.DatabasePersistenceManager#executeStmt
for details.

right now i don't have a plausible explanation at hand, i would need
to do further
investigations (analyze your setup, logs, stack traces etc).

cheers
stefan