jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jackrabbit with SimpleDbPersistenceManager, can it use filesystem cache?
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2007 15:02:49 GMT
hi philip

On 4/13/07, Phillip Rhodes <spamsucks@rhoderunner.com> wrote:

> I am considering porting my home-grown hibernate/springframework based image content/gallery
system to use jackrabbit on the back end.

> I would like to use the SimpleDbPersistenceManager because my application runs on multiple
machines, but at the same time, I do not want to be pulling blobs out of the db in realtime
for every request.

> Is there a way to configure jackrabbit to cache images/content from the filesystem after
it pulls them from the database (SimpleDbPersistenceManager )?

there's already a layer in jackrabbit's core that caches items read from the
persistence layer (see
http://jackrabbit.apache.org/api-1/org/apache/jackrabbit/core/state/SharedItemStateManager.html).

you might also consider setting "externalBLOBs=true" (see
http://jackrabbit.apache.org/api-1/org/apache/jackrabbit/core/state/db/SimpleDbPersistenceManager.html).

cheers
stefan