jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help with custom Authentication/Authorization
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2007 09:43:56 GMT
hi alexandre,

On 4/10/07, Alexandre Del Puppo <alepuppo@gmail.com> wrote:
>  Hello people, I'd like to integrate JackRabbit with a Java Web software
> that doesn't implement JAAS security modules. I'd like to let my application
> using JackRabbit with my own custom authentication/authorization mecanism,
> is that possible? I know that if JAAS configurations doesn't exist, then a
> default configuration will be used to build the repository. But I want to
> supply the users and credentials to JackRabbit with my own mecanism, not
> using JAAS. How can I do this?

jackrabbit uses the JAAS interfaces for authentication support but it doesn't
depend on a JAAS environment. in order to implement your custom authentication
in jackrabbit you'll have to write your own LoginModule and
specify/configure it
with the LoginModule element in the repository.xml. see the dtd for
more information:
http://jackrabbit.apache.org/dtd/repository-1.2.dtd

i suggest you take a look at the source code of the dummy LoginModule:
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.security.SimpleLoginModule

there are @todo comments where you probably want to add your custom code.

cheers
stefan