jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Phillip Rhodes <spamsu...@rhoderunner.com>
Subject contains search starting from specific node?
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2007 02:43:39 GMT
I am trying to do a contains xpath search, and restrict the search to a node (and it's children).

Doing this search works, but does not require results to be in the "myfolder" node
//*[jcr:contains(.,'test')]

The above search returns a node that I have added and the node.getPath() function returns
a value of:
/myfolder/a pdf/jcr:content

This search, while it does not error out, it does not return any results:
//myfolder/*[jcr:contains(.,'test')]

I have tried several variants of my search syntax.  Most of my tries have resulted in query
parser errors.

Is it possible to do this type of search?  Can someone give me a hint on the syntax?

Thank you.

BTW, i have hessian/jackrabbit running pretty good right now.  It's so cool, I'm pysched that
my app is working, the coolest part is that I can do image uploads, searching pdf's, and I
only need 2 jars (hessian and my pojo stuff).