jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Brian Thompson" <elephant...@gmail.com>
Subject Jackrabbit configuration
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2007 16:01:34 GMT
Greetings,

I'm using Jackrabbit as part of a web app that will be deployed to a new
server later this week.  In development, we've been using using database
filesystem and database persistence.

One of the requirements of deploying the app is that we connect to a new
database for production.  I've identified all the places where the DB
connection string is stored (several places in jackrabbit-repository.xml,
plus two places in workspace.xml for each workspace the app is using), so
changing that won't be a problem.

However, it's a pain to go through and manually synch all those connection
strings.  I'd really like to pull out the connection string into a property
like ${rep.home} or ${wsp.home} that Jackrabbit makes available in the
config files.  I've already tried adding the DB connection string to a
.properties file in my classpath, but it didn't work - on startup, the
application threw:

org.apache.jackrabbit.core.config.ConfigurationException: Replacement not
found for ${jcr.dbstring}.

Is there a mechanism for centralizing configuration that I'm not aware of?

Thanks!

-Brian