jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Dominique Pfister" <dominique.pfis...@day.com>
Subject Re: JackRabbit clustering : "No log file found containing revision: 1111540"
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2007 10:17:31 GMT
Hi Shaun,

Please note, that there was a considerable refactoring done on
clustering. This new, hopefully more stable version will be available
in Jackrabbit 1.3.

> So I'd appreciate any feedback from those in the know on:
>
>  * how can the above issue be resolved?

Apparently, the cluster node in question has a bad revision id stored.
You may either:

- Stop the node, delete its revision file, named "revision", located
in the repository
  directory, and restart the node. The node will then re-iterate from
the beginning of
  the revision log and integrate all changes.
- If this doesn't help and the error still occurs, you may copy
another node's revision file
  to this node. Again, stop the node before doing such a change and
restart it afterwards.
  It will then no longer complain about missing revisions

>  * is it more reliable to use the Database Journal (with which we've also
> had issues)?

When using file-based journaling on a mounted network share, there
might be delays, where revisions appear before the actual revision id
has been updated. In such a scenario, I'd prefer using the
DatabaseJournal. Moreover, DatabaseJournal's revision ids are simply
counter-based record ids, whereas FileJournal's revision ids actually
represent absolute file positions, which makes errors harder to track.

Kind regards
Dominique