jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Julian <cerebr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Setting JCR:CREATED Fails
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2007 05:17:27 GMT
Jukka,

Thanks for the insight.  I will file an issue in the tracking application in AM.  Perhaps
an alternative would be to access the database directly and alter the values manually.  I
will have to look at the Serializer a bit more since the data is stored in a binary format,
but in case others come across this post, it seems that is the only solution at the moment
if using a DB backed store for the metadata.

Thanks again,
Julian

----- Original Message ----
From: Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com>
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Sent: Monday, April 9, 2007 12:54:48 AM
Subject: Re: Setting JCR:CREATED Fails

Hi,

On 4/8/07, Julian <cerebro70@yahoo.com> wrote:
> bump, anyone have thoughts on this? I see no reason to create a custom node
> just so I can convert my data since the node type (jcr:created) already exists
> and this would be a one time application. Any help is appreciated.

I don't think there's any easy way to work around the protection of
the jcr:created property. Even the XML import feature currently
doesn't honor jcr:created values. I think it should (otherwise it's
not good for backup/restore), so you may want to file a bug report
against that.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate