jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: importing jackrabbit into jackrabbit
Date Fri, 27 Apr 2007 18:23:35 GMT
Hi,

On 4/27/07, Stefan Kurla <stefan.kurla@gmail.com> wrote:
> It helps and yes this does rub me the wrong way, not because I believe
> in "structure first" but because I believe that all we are doing here
> is a workaround and not addressing the issue. Frankly, I am surprised
> how this issue has not percolated up in the chain of priority items to fix.

My experience with converting relational schemas (mostly in content
and document management domains) to JCR content models has been that a
large majority of "foreign key" references are best handled by
hierarchy structures and that the remaining cases can be handed either
with JCR references or things like mixin type markers.

I believe that the number of cases where the current Jackrabbit limit
on the reference count is a bottleneck is quite low, so this hasn't
been a high priority for now. But the bottleneck still exists and you
are right in raising the issue. Perhaps we can see some renewed
activity on JCR-657.

BR,

Jukka Zitting