jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: remotable jackrabbit by just wrapping with xfire/hessian?
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2007 19:11:39 GMT
Hi,

On 4/25/07, Phillip Rhodes <spamsucks@rhoderunner.com> wrote:
> It's a requirement of my application to be able to add,modify,edit and read
> jackrabbit content from multiple jvms and multiple hosts.  I see references
> to a lot of different technologies (SPI, clustering with a journal) to allow for
> this, but I don't see anything that I can count on to use in production in the
> very near future.

The most stable (and easiest to set up) solution would probably be to
use the JCR-RMI layer for remote access. The jackrabbit-jcr-rmi
component has been in production use for as long as we've had official
Jackrabbit releases, and there have been few problems reported against
it.

See http://jackrabbit.apache.org/doc/components/jcr-rmi.html for
instructions on how to configure and use JCR-RMI.

The only problem with JCR-RMI is that it's not really designed for
best performance, as it essentially requires a separate remote call
for each node and property access. Perhaps you can get started with
JCR-RMI and for example look at the clustering feature if you need
better performance.

BR,

Jukka Zitting