jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bundle support for PostgreSQL
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2007 19:00:24 GMT
Hi,

On 4/25/07, Miguel Ángel Jiménez <miguel.js@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've managed to create the DDL file needed to support bundle persistence
> manager with PostgreSQL, but found some issues. I've mapped the id column of
> table ${schemaObjectPrefix}NAMES to a serial datatype (equivalent to an
> auto-increment column in MySQL). However, starting the repository yields a
> exception in class
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.util.DbNameIndex, line 76:
>
> nameInsert = con.prepareStatement("insert into " + schemaObjectPrefix +
> "NAMES (NAME) values (?)", Statement.RETURN_GENERATED_KEYS);
>
> It seems that PostgreSQL JDBC driver does not support
> RETURN_GENERATED_KEYS feature.

You're right.

> Is there a plan to add bundling support to PostgreSQL? Before
> PostgreSQL 8.2the only way I remember to get the auto-generated key is
> by means of a further select to get the last assigned value of the sequence
> but it does not mean there are other alternatives.

You might want to file a feature request for PostgreSQL support. It
would be great if you'd also like to contribute your DDL file as a
starting point for resolving the issue.

If you're (or someone else is) interested in trying to work around the
RETURN_GENERATED_KEYS issue, the best way to do that would be to
create a bundle persistence manager subclass that overrides the
troublesome method with PostgreSQL-specific code.

BR,

Jukka Zitting