jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 1.3 maven packaging - missing Log4J etc?
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2007 07:31:07 GMT
Hi,

On 4/24/07, Michael Neale <michael.neale@gmail.com> wrote:
> I may be jumping the gun, but I just tried upgrading to 1.3, and it doesn't
> include Log4j or SL4j in the dependencies, yet this is needed (at least) by
> TransientRepository - an oversight or am I doing something wrong?

We've upgraded to a more recent SLF4J version that is split to
separate api and implementation dependencies. The slf4j-api dependency
is in the compile scope, but the log4j binding, slf4j-log4j12, is not.
The idea is that we don't want to default everyone to use log4j, and
that users should select which binding they want to use.

BR,

Jukka Zitting