jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Looking for suggestion for creating nodetypes
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2007 05:29:13 GMT
Hi,

On 4/16/07, Stefan Kurla <stefan.kurla@gmail.com> wrote:
> We have a situation where we need to store a list of UUIDs in a
> particular format and sequential.
>
> For example we have folders A->B->C where C is child of B and B is
> child of A. In this case the structure needs to be stored in a
> property of a node as "Auuid/Buuid/Cuuid". What is the best way to
> declare this node path?
>
> One of the options is to store it as a string, but when folders are
> moved, then the string would need to be updated. If we have lots of
> such strings, there is a problem.
>
> Can you plese suggest a better way to revalidate the above method?

I'm not sure I understand your use case, but a multivalued reference
property sounds like a good match.

Why do you need to store a sequences of UUIDs? The last UUID in the
sequence should be enough to access the C node, after which you can
use Node.getParent() to get the parent nodes.

BR,

Jukka Zitting