jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: wanted to know is JackRabbit is stable
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2007 08:44:05 GMT
Hi,

On 4/11/07, vicky23 <spraveen2309@rediffmail.com> wrote:
> I am new to JackRabbit, I wanted to know is JackRabbit is stable and how
> it is positioned in market in comparison to other similar products available
> and what are all the features it provides.

We consider Jackrabbit to be the most feature-rich and
standards-complient open source JCR implementation. Jackrabbit
implements all the mandatory and optional features in JCR.

The first stable version, 1.0, of Jackrabbit was released a year ago,
and we are now working on the 1.3 release. See
http://jackrabbit.apache.org/news.html for the full release history. A
number of people and organizations are using Jackrabbit in production
environments.

Of course, like any ongoing software project, we have known issues.
The most notable problems currently are support for concurrent
versioning operations and lack of proper administration tools and
documentation.

BR,

Jukka Zitting