jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Setting JCR:CREATED Fails
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2007 06:15:50 GMT
Hi,

On 4/9/07, Julian <cerebro70@yahoo.com> wrote:
> After doing some more reading, I am not sure whether or not this is a bug
> (see below).  I've quoted the spec below and it seems up for interpretation...
> perhaps someone familiar with the spec can step in here?  I still believe to
> foster transition to jackrabbit it would be a nice feature to allow jcr:created
> to be set upon importing content into the repository rather than force a user
> to create a custom, redundant node type.  Should I still file an issue in JIRA?

Thanks for following up on this! I think you're absolutely right in
that respecting jcr:created values in an XML import would be the right
thing to do, even though the spec allows implementations to go their
own ways.

This issue is not really a bug as the current implementation meets the
spec requirements, so you should file it as an improvement request.

BR,

Jukka Zitting