jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Julian Reschke <julian.resc...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Another TCK build issue... (JDK vs XSLT?)
Date Sat, 28 Apr 2007 10:49:29 GMT
Phillip Rhodes wrote:
> I saw this on the dev list and ran into the same issue and wanted to post the fix here
so that it could be done in the jackrabbit maven build files.

> Junit tests with jackrabbit fail with a Provider org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl
not found error

> This only happens when
> a) repo does not exist.  Same test works if repo exists on filesystem
> b) invoked via junit/maven.  junit via eclipse works fine
>

> Add the following to you maven pom file:
>
> 		<dependency>
> 			<groupId>xalan</groupId>
> 			<artifactId>xalan</artifactId>
> 			<version>2.7.0</version>
> 			<scope>test</scope>
> 		</dependency>

That doesn't seem to help, I'm still getting...:

java.lang.ClassCastException
         at javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory.newInstance(Unknown
Source)
         at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.SessionImpl.exportSystemView(SessionImpl.j
ava:1199)
         at
org.apache.jackrabbit.test.api.ExportSysViewTest.doTestWithStream(Exp
ortSysViewTest.java:137)
         at
org.apache.jackrabbit.test.api.ExportSysViewTest.testExportSysView_st
ream_session_skipBinary_recurse(ExportSysViewTest.java:96)

So why do we have a Xalan dependency anyway? Can't we rely on whatever
the JDK has?

Best regards, Julian