jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Marcin Nowak <marcin.j.no...@comarch.com>
Subject Re: eXist
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2007 10:55:33 GMT
Hi,

FolDeRol wrote:
> Marcin,
>
> I used to work with eXist 2.5 years ago. JCR and XML:DB concepts are
> actually have some common moments. The reason of eXist's performance
> is, as
> far as I know, the fact that eXists keeps the whole database as in-memory
> DOM model

I've made some tests and - I'm not sure where DB is being stored.. I did
the following:

1. Started repository and checked memory usage of it
2. Added 30 MB of XML files
3. Shut down the repository.
4. Started it again and checked memory usage.

It is quite the same as in point 1.

But that is not the point :) anyone have an idea how to configure
Jackrabbit to perform like eXist?

BR,
Marcin Nowak