jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: How Can I change the default operator to "AND"?
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2007 08:28:06 GMT
Alexandre Martins wrote:
> for instance: When I execute the same query 100 turns. The process time of
> the last query is better than the fisrt.
>
> Why this happen? I think that the jackrabbit make cache...or not?

jackrabbit contains several caches, that's correct. but none of them caches the
result of a query.

e.g. jackrabbits query manager contains a cache that speeds up hierarchy
resolution. the jackrabbit core contains cache for items. and finally even the
filesystem of your OS will have caches.

there is no way you can disable them all. that's why performance tests are
usually done with a 'warmed' up system and well distributed / randomized test
values.

regards
  marcel