jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From paksegu <paks...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: associating jackrabbit content to your application database objects?
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2007 20:53:05 GMT
what u can is create ur database as you wold normally do (primary key, foreign key relationship,
all that intergrity stufff) the and then you add the url of path stored in jackrabbit. that
if you want to use both jack rabbit and a database at the same time. I am doing something
similar where jackrabbit servers as the first initail repository to store content as opposed
to a filesystem

Phillip Rhodes <spamsucks@rhoderunner.com> wrote:  Hi everyone,
Just wondering if anyone has thought about this problem. I store different types of objects
in jackrabbit (e.g. Images, Thumbnails, Galleries, Html Content, etc)... In my application,
I have a database model (e.g. products, profiles). Each object in my database model is associated
to jackrabbit content. For example, a product may have images.

I find myself having to create database objects that represent my jackrabbit items. For example,
I will create a "Image" object that is a database object. This database record that represents
an image node in jackrabbit is associated to products, and stores the path to the node that
stores the image...

One problem that I am concerned about is the possiblity of my jackrabbit repository getting
out of sync with my database table. There may be other issues that I haven't considered.

I would appreciate some thoughts on this.
Thanks!

Phillip

Ransford Segu-Baffoe

paksegu@yahoo.com