jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Ottinger, Joseph" <jottin...@techtarget.com>
Subject RE: count of nodes?
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2007 13:57:22 GMT
Done, and it works - confirmed kill. However...

What I did in the absence of taking the time to learn Xpath well enough
to get the actual correct query down was walk the tree recursively. For
a simple tree:

<foo>
	<bar>
		<baz />
	</bar>
	<bletch />
</foo>

... The recursive method was faster, ever-so-slightly. I don't have a
dataset large enough to test more complicated trees yet; when I do, I'll
let you know what I find.

-----Original Message-----
From: David Nuescheler [mailto:david.nuescheler@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2007 9:03 AM
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Re: count of nodes?

Hi Joe,

> But wouldn't getSize() on the getNodes() call only get the immediate
> child nodes?
No. It would include everything that matched your query which would
include all the nodes in the QueryResult.
So the node iterator returned from QueryResult.getNodes() will contain
all the nodes that matched the query.
In your case:

/jcr:root/foo//*
... will return the nodes

/foo/bar
/foo/bar/baz

... and the QueryResult.getNodes().getSize() should return 2

> I'll keep investigating - I still find the Xpath rules a problem. :/
What do you find a problem about it?
Do you prefer the SQL syntax?

regards,
david