jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Phillip Rhodes <spamsu...@rhoderunner.com>
Subject remotable jackrabbit by just wrapping with xfire/hessian?
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2007 18:58:42 GMT
It's a requirement of my application to be able to add,modify,edit and read jackrabbit content
from multiple jvms and multiple hosts.  I see references to a lot of different technologies
(SPI, clustering with a journal) to allow for this, but I don't see anything that I can count
on to use in production in the very near future.

I am considering implementing a jackrabbit repository in a servlet container that is accessed
via a set of web services (xfire or hessian).   Clients would perform searches, retrieve files,
etc.. by calling the web services.  Only one jackrabbit repository would need to exist.

I would appreciate your thoughts on this.  The different deployment configurations are confusing
for me (since I am new to jackrabbit) and I don't want to go down a road that is wrong.

Thanks.
phillip