jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Lubos and Alena Pochman" <pochm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Removing root version
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2007 19:08:11 GMT
I finally made it work. Here is what I do to emulate head (base) version
rollback behavior (delete head version):

1. Get base version of the node
2. From base version get predecessor
3. Create new version of the node (checkout, checkin) from the predecessor
4. The head (base) version now contains the rolled back version, its
predecessor is original head and its predecessor is the original rollback.
5. Remove the original head and rollback using VersionHistory.removeVersion
()

Versions and predecessors needs to be checked for jcr:rootVersion!

This is somewhat similar to what you would do by rolling back head version
in source control system.