jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Alessandro Bologna" <alessandro.bolo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: importing jackrabbit into jackrabbit
Date Fri, 27 Apr 2007 14:35:39 GMT
I think that David did say that there are use cases when referential
integrity is important. I took his comment about "re-educating" in
this context, and honestly, I tend to agree that in some case DB folks
use super normalized schemas when maybe it would not have been needed.
Sometime I feel that, left on their own, they would get rid on
integers, because you can always replace them with references to a
table of ints (from 1 to 1e10, I guess).

Just half kidding.

I do agree that the best thing right now is to "fix" the behavior in
Jackrabbit, leveraging delta changes, and at the same time, maybe
create a nice entry on the wiki about when to use and not to use