jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Phillip Rhodes <spamsu...@rhoderunner.com>
Subject Re: Another TCK build issue... (JDK vs XSLT?)
Date Sat, 28 Apr 2007 14:17:57 GMT
This definitely worked for me when I got that exact same error.
Did you revert back any other changes you have made to maven or your jdk?  A lot of the "fixes"
out there for this error required thoses changes and did not work.

I got this error (that you have now with a ClassCastException) when I put some jars into the
jre/lib/endorsed directory.  You should double check and revert anything you may have done
previously to fix this.

Phillip

----- Original Message -----
From: "Julian Reschke" <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Sent: Saturday, April 28, 2007 6:49:29 AM (GMT-0500) America/New_York
Subject: Re: Another TCK build issue... (JDK vs XSLT?)

Phillip Rhodes wrote:
> I saw this on the dev list and ran into the same issue and wanted to post the fix here
so that it could be done in the jackrabbit maven build files.

> Junit tests with jackrabbit fail with a Provider org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl
not found error

> This only happens when
> a) repo does not exist.  Same test works if repo exists on filesystem
> b) invoked via junit/maven.  junit via eclipse works fine
>

> Add the following to you maven pom file:
>
> 		<dependency>
> 			<groupId>xalan</groupId>
> 			<artifactId>xalan</artifactId>
> 			<version>2.7.0</version>
> 			<scope>test</scope>
> 		</dependency>

That doesn't seem to help, I'm still getting...:

java.lang.ClassCastException
         at javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory.newInstance(Unknown
Source)
         at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.SessionImpl.exportSystemView(SessionImpl.j
ava:1199)
         at
org.apache.jackrabbit.test.api.ExportSysViewTest.doTestWithStream(Exp
ortSysViewTest.java:137)
         at
org.apache.jackrabbit.test.api.ExportSysViewTest.testExportSysView_st
ream_session_skipBinary_recurse(ExportSysViewTest.java:96)

So why do we have a Xalan dependency anyway? Can't we rely on whatever
the JDK has?

Best regards, Julian