jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Miguel Ángel Jiménez" <miguel...@gmail.com>
Subject Bundle support for PostgreSQL
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2007 18:25:53 GMT
I've managed to create the DDL file needed to support bundle persistence
manager with PostgreSQL, but found some issues. I've mapped the id column of
table ${schemaObjectPrefix}NAMES to a serial datatype (equivalent to an
auto-increment column in MySQL). However, starting the repository yields a
exception in class
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.util.DbNameIndex, line 76:

.
nameInsert = con.prepareStatement("insert into " + schemaObjectPrefix +
"NAMES (NAME) values (?)", Statement.RETURN_GENERATED_KEYS);
.

It seems that PostgreSQL JDBC driver does not support RETURN_GENERATED_KEYS
feature.

Is there a plan to add bundling support to PostgreSQL? Before
PostgreSQL 8.2the only way I remember to get the auto-generated key is
by means of a
further select to get the last assigned value of the sequence but it does
not mean there are other alternatives.

--
Miguel.