jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Darren Hartford" <dhartf...@ghsinc.com>
Subject RE: Any non-CMS/non-Wiki/non-Blog Articles or Examples?
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2007 12:28:00 GMT
Well, my experience is I've been trying to use Jackrabbit as a Simple
Document Archive (aka no workflow, just
binaryFile-version-indexProperties).  My experience with WebDAV (via
Slide) and inexperience with JCR (Jackrabbit) have slowed down some
things related to:

*Creating custom indexed properties.
*Searching (my ignorance, nothing to do with implementation/spec).
*Backup/Restore/Mount offline archives (on CD or DVD, a read-only
medium) to be made available online.  Strongly focused on the
filesystem-based storage, not RDBMS, although an eXist backend may work
(can it work from a read-only medium - aka Jackrabbit on CD?).

For example, storing all the faxes based on date, incoming DID line
(incoming phone number), incoming destination, outgoing fax number,
outgoing success/retries, # of pages, etc.

Just something I'm working on, not live/working yet.  Side-project so
been asking for assistance when I come across a stumbling block, but
nothing urgent.