jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Quenot <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using the Abstract Query Tree?
Date Sat, 21 Apr 2007 20:46:32 GMT
* Marcel Reutegger:

> Jean-Baptiste Quenot wrote:
>
> > Just curious,  why is it mentioned  in the documentation
> > then as a possible query approach among the others XPath
> > and SQL?
>
> the documentation  you were referring to  rather describes
> the  internals   and  how   a  query   is  executed. Which
> sentences made you  believe that a client  could use those
> classes? I'll then fix the doc accordingly...

OK I understand now that this  document is not a user guide,
but rather meant to describe the internal architecture.

How did I came to think I could use this information: if you
google for "jackrabbit xpath sql" and choose the first link,
the afore-mentioned page appears.  This is the first point.

And also there is  no meaningful title like « Implementation
Details: the  QueryManager » that would clearly  reflect the
intended target audience.

Thanks for your time,
--
     Jean-Baptiste Quenot