jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Julian <cerebr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Setting JCR:CREATED Fails
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2007 16:02:52 GMT
All,

After doing some more reading, I am not sure whether or not this is a bug (see below).  I've
quoted the spec below and it seems up for interpretation...perhaps someone familiar with the
spec can step in here?  I still believe to foster transition to jackrabbit it would be a nice
feature to allow jcr:created to be set upon importing content into the repository rather than
force a user to create a custom, redundant node type.  Should I still file an issue in JIRA?

Thanks,
Julian

SETTING JCR:CREATED
===================

When importing content from one repository or source into Jackrabbit, it is impossible to
set the jcr:created property.  The specification indicates that the property is protected,
however section 7.3 indicates that "Level 2 Repositories must support the import of content".
 It goes on to read in section 7.3.3,

"When an element or attribute representing such a property is encountered, an implementation
may either skip it or respect it.  To respect it means to import it and alter the internal
state of the repository in accordance with the semantics of the property in the given implementation.
.... To skip the element or attribute means not to import it all.  It does not mean to import
it but then ignore its semantic implications.

The implementation-specific policy regarding what to skip and what to respect must be internally
consistent. For example, it makes no sense to skip jcr:mixinTypes (thus missing the presence
of mix:lockable, for example) and yet respect jcr:lockOwner and jcr:lockIsDeep."

Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.