jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Phillip Rhodes <spamsu...@rhoderunner.com>
Subject associating jackrabbit content to your application database objects?
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2007 20:43:55 GMT
Hi everyone,
Just wondering if anyone has thought about this problem.  I store different types of objects
in jackrabbit (e.g. Images, Thumbnails, Galleries, Html Content, etc)...  In my application,
I have a database model (e.g. products, profiles).  Each object in my database model is associated
to jackrabbit content.  For example, a product may have images.

I find myself having to create database objects that represent my jackrabbit items.  For example,
I will create a "Image" object that is a database object.  This database record that represents
an image node in jackrabbit is associated to products, and stores the path to the node that
stores the image...

One problem that I am concerned about is the possiblity of my jackrabbit repository getting
out of sync with my database table.  There may be other issues that I haven't considered.

I would appreciate some thoughts on this.
Thanks!

Phillip