jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Shaun Barriball" <sbarr...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject RE: Locking a node does not prevent it from being deleted or moved?
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2007 16:14:24 GMT
Thanks David.
We'll use the deep lock facility at the moment as a prereq for deletion and
move.
If after this we feel its still strange behaviour then I'll log a ticket.
Your feedback is appreciated.
Regards,
Shaun.

-----Original Message-----
From: David Nuescheler [mailto:david.nuescheler@gmail.com]
Sent: 18 April 2007 17:10
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Re: Locking a node does not prevent it from being deleted or moved?

Hi Shaun,

I agree that the behavior is slightly surprising.

It is according to the specification though, see section
8.4.8 Effect of a Lock / page 281
---
"Removing a node is considered an alteration of its parent. This means that
a locked node may be removed by any user with sufficient access permissions
as long as its parent node is not locked. "
---

I agree that this may be counter intuitive and I would recommend that you
file a comment in the upcoming Public Review of JSR-283 if you think that
the Expert Group should revisit its earlier rationale.
( jsr-283-comments@jcp.org )

regards,
david