jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Shaun Barriball" <sbarr...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject RE: JackRabbit clustering : "No log file found containing revision: 1111540"
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2007 16:37:38 GMT
Hi Dominique,
Thanks for the quick and complete reply.

1) I tried to simply delete the revision file which caused another exception
on startup:
Caused by: java.io.IOException: No log file found containing revision: 0
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.cluster.FileRecordCursor.getRecordLog(FileRecordC
ursor.java:121)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.cluster.FileRecordCursor.next(FileRecordCursor.ja
va:98)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.cluster.FileJournal.sync(FileJournal.java:303)
        ... 51 more
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.cluster.JournalException: Unable to iterate over
modified records: No log file found containing revision: 0

2) Copying the revision file from another node to the broken node DID allow
the node to restart. However when accessing content, in particular blobs
we're getting lots of:

ERROR failed to fetch item
5e828f6d-3fbb-451d-95ca-84133c33590d/{http://www.jcp.org/jcr/1.0}data,
skipping...
javax.jcr.RepositoryException: failed to retrieve item state of item
5e828f6d-3fbb-451d-95ca-84133c33590d/{http://www.jcp.org/jcr/1.0}data:
failed to read property state:

So.....are there any wider implications of using clustering e.g.:

 * blobs have to be stored internally, not externally?

 * etc?

I'll try to write up our findings and 'reference' architecture when all is
working for the benefit of the group.
Regards,
Shaun.