jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Shaun Barriball" <sbarr...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject RE: poll on jcr query usage
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2007 09:20:17 GMT
Hi Marcel,
[ ] I primarily use XPath
[ ] I primarily use SQL
[X] I use both XPath and SQL

[X] ... use it /instead/ of the existing XPath or SQL languages.
[ ] ... use it only for occasionally.
[ ] ... not use it at all.

On the 2nd point, especially true if the construction of the query provided
performance benefits in terms of parameter binding etc.

Regards,
Shaun.

-----Original Message-----
From: Marcel Reutegger [mailto:marcel.reutegger@gmx.net]
Sent: 02 April 2007 10:16
To: dev@jackrabbit.apache.org; users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: poll on jcr query usage

Hi all,

my apologies for cross posting, but I'd like to get as many responses as
possible from any kind of jackrabbit users on this topic.

I'd like to know what the preferred query language is that you are using,
just to get a feeling where further development should go regarding query
support in jackrabbit and JCR in general.

[ ] I primarily use XPath
[ ] I primarily use SQL
[ ] I use both XPath and SQL

and on a related topic:

If there was an API to construct a query I would ...

[ ] ... use it /instead/ of the existing XPath or SQL languages.
[ ] ... use it only for occasionally.
[ ] ... not use it at all.

Thank you for participating.

regards
  marcel

Inbox full of spam? Get leading spam protection and 1GB storage with All New Yahoo! Mail.
http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html