jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "David Nuescheler" <david.nuesche...@day.com>
Subject Re: Full-text Search in several workspaces
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2007 12:29:43 GMT
hi alexandre,

the workspace should not be regarded as a means of access control.
access control can be applied on an item level, so from an access control
perspective you should be able to keep "secret" information for multiple
parties within the same workspace.
so in general you could have a workspace W with a /samsung and a /motorola
section and apply access control on those folders, which would also be respected
by search or any other repository operation for that matter.

i believe you intuitively wanted to express an extra level of
separation by choosing
an individual workspace per "customer", which i think may be a good
right decision.
is it correct that searching across multiple workspaces or the entire
repository could be viewed as an exceptional case and as more of
an "admin" activity and the normal user would still only search
"their workspace"?

regards,
david